Git for Beginners: Learn Git in One Hour
Learn git and version control with step-by-step explanations, hands-on practice, quizzes, diagrams, and a final project.
What you’ll learn
Git for Beginners: Learn Git in One Hour
The key concepts and techniques to start working with git.
Solve Merge Conflicts, Refactor Files and Stash Changes.
Create, Modify, Delete & Work with local repositories.
Work with branches by making & merging changes and comparing differences.
Create, Modify, Delete, and Squash Commits.
Apply Everything your Learn on your Final Capstone Project!
No previous knowledge is required – Only Excitement & Dedication! : )
You will need to install git on your computer (A link to the download page will be included in the course).
You will need to be able to work with git bash (Commands & how to work with git bash will be explained step by step in the course).
Learn how to work with git and version control in just one hour with this intensive git crash course. Version control and git will be essential tools for you because they let you work on different versions of a project, keep track of the changes you have made, reverse them, and much more.
Git is your next step towards a bright future in software development.
During the course, you will:
- Install and configure git with your username and email.
- Create your first local repository.
- Work with local repositories to store different versions of a project, review changes, work without any risk of losing changes, and restore previous versions of a project.
- Create, work with, and delete branches in a repository.
- Learn the git workflow and how to work with the working directory and staging area.
- Make commits to track the changes you have made to the project.
- Save changes for later by stashing them.
- Combine (squash) commits when needed.
- Learn how to see the history of commits of a repository.
- Merge branches to the main branch.
- Learn how to work with files using git.
“This is a wonderful course! I went from not knowing anything about git to feeling comfortable to use this on my own!”— Amanda Brioche
“Very good entry-level course for beginners.” — Kozma János
“Very nice for beginners! All the basics in one place.” — Tomasz Czaplicki
- Video Lectures: you will find carefully designed video lectures with graphics, diagrams, and step-by-step explanations.
- Quiz: you will check your knowledge with quizzes that provide instant feedback.
- PDF Handout: you will find a PDF handout with the git commands that you will use throughout the course and their purpose.
- Capstone Project: you will apply your knowledge in a final project where you will analyze a repository.
- Discussion Forums: you can ask questions on the discussion forums and discuss interesting topics.
What Makes this Course Unique
This course is unique because of its emphasis on providing visual and detailed explanations of the principles of git and version control. You will not only learn how to use these principles, but you will also actually understand the purpose of each command.
Unique study materials complement the course experience. You will find a PDF Handout with a summary of the most important git commands.
You will check your knowledge with Quizzes and you will receive instant feedback to check your answer.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion that you can add to your social media profiles to showcase your new skills.
You will also have Lifetime Access to the course.
No Previous Knowledge is Required.
You are very welcome to watch the preview lectures and check out the full course curriculum.
If you are looking for an engaging, visual, and practical course, then you’ve found it.
Enroll now, add “Git and Version Control” to your resume, and showcase your new skills.
Who this course is for:
- Complete Beginners in git and version control.
- Computer Science Enthusiasts who want to learn how to work with git.
- New & Self-taught developers who are looking forward to learning version control.
- Developers with a basic knowledge of version control.
- Last updated 11/2020